TRIGGERING - WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
Do you often have to deal with tension and chronic pain or are you exposed to recurring stress as an athlete? There is a high probability that you will find punctual adhesions and tension in your connective tissue, so-called trigger points, or fixed points. For example, if you work in an office and sit a lot, such tissue adhesions and tensions often lead to headaches and neck pain. As a runner, you often find these points in the legs and hips - and they often play a serious role in chronic pain. The importance of trigger points on our everyday life should therefore not be underestimated. Therapists work on trigger points in manual therapy very often.
BUT WHAT ARE TRIGGER POINTS ACTUALLY AND HOW DO I RESOLVE THESE POINTS IN A TARGETED WAY?
Do you know when your neck hurts again after a long day at work and you can "feel" certain pain points that are particularly painful? Then you already know your first trigger points. These are nothing more than thickenings in muscle and fascial tissue that can be caused by various triggers, such as stress, incorrect posture, lack of exercise or overwork. The affected muscle tries to compensate the negative stimulus with tension and becomes firm - pain is the result.
These pain points are treacherous: they can cause pain not only on the spot, but also in completely different parts of the body that at first glance seem to have nothing to do with the affected point. Changes in the tension in the muscle and fascial apparatus can also lead to chronic back pain, for example. And if you have more trigger points on your body, this can even lead to sleep disturbances and consequently to a reduction in everyday activity.
You see, triggering is worth it!
HOW DO I TRIGGER CORRECTLY?
With our Trigger Tools you can release trigger points and deep tensions in 3 simple steps. In the following graphic you can see which parts of your body are suitable for triggering and which are not.
CORRECT APPLICATION OF THE TRIGGERS
STEP 1: TRIGGERING
- Locate your pain point or trigger point.
- Place the trigger on the floor or on the wall and position yourself with your pain area on it. If you have the TRIGGER SET or TRIGGER SET TWISTER, alternatively use the spherical handle and combine it with the attachment of your choice. In this variant, the application is done by hand.
- Take several deep breaths and feel the pressure of the trigger. Try to relax your muscles despite the pain.
- Hold this position for about 30 to 60 seconds. The initial pain should subside during this time.
STEP 2: MOBILISE
- Once the initial pain has subsided, continue holding the trigger position and start mobilising for about 10 seconds.
- Keep breathing calmly and try to relax.
- Alternate between mobilisation and triggering without mobilisation.
- Hold the trigger position (change between mobilising and pure triggering) for about 5 minutes depending on the pain point.
STEP 3: STRETCHING
- Then stretch the part of your body that you have triggered (about 1 minute).
WHAT DO YOU ACHIEVE WITH THE BLACKROLL® TRIGGER TOOLS?
- Improved mobility of joints through selective application to tensions.
- Improvement of the body's own tension network and thus prevention and improvement of pain.
- Prevention of muscle injuries and tension.
- Improvement of body perception.
- Improvement of posture.
- Triggering of irritation states in the body by releasing tension points.
- Support for recovery after sport.
OUR TRIGGERS IN THE OVERVIEW
THE ORIGINAL WITH EFFECTIVE IMPACT
Through targeted, punctual acupressure, the TMX models locally improve your metabolism and blood circulation. The 2 cm or 3 cm ball on the pyramid replaces the thumb of the physiotherapist and relieves tension.
Both TMX models are small, light and handy, so they can be used anywhere. The perfect trigger point treatment method for at home or on the road - simple and uncomplicated.
BLACKROLL® TMX TRIGGER
BLACKROLL® TMX TRIGGER PLUS
The BLACKROLL® TMX® trigger tools are made of 100% beech wood and produced in Germany. The TMX® TRIGGER has a 3cm ball and is especially suitable for large muscle groups and the lower extremity. The 2cm ball of the TMX® TRIGGER PLUS is more intensive in use and is especially suitable for narrow muscle groups and the upper extremity. The 2 tools are also available as a set.
BLACKROLL® TRIGGER SET
BLACKROLL® TRIGGER SET TWISTER
The TRIGGER SET and TRIGGER SET TWISTER are, like all our fascia rolls and balls, made of expanded polypropylene (EPP) by our long-standing partner in Germany. The material is durable, easy to clean and 100% recyclable. The sets also include a handle, the so-called HANDHELD. You can combine all the attachments with the spherical handle and thus treat areas of the body that are easily accessible by hand. Your thumbs and fingers are relieved and the product lies well in your hand. Of course you can also use the tools on the wall or on the floor without the handle.
YOU CAN USE THE TRIGGER TOOLS ON THE FOLLOWING BODY AREAS
You can use it on the following parts of the body, for example:
- sole of the foot
- calf hardenings
- rear thigh complaints
- lateral thigh adhesions
- front thigh tensions
- buttock pain
- tensions in the thoracic vertebrae
Use the TMX® TRIGGER PLUS mainly for:
- foot sole complaints
- heel spur
- calf bracing/bonding
- tension in the hollow of the knee
- complaints in the lumbar spine area
- shoulder/neck tensions
- tennis elbow/golfer elbow